Grassroutes: Contemporary Leicestershire Writing
Posted on 29.07.2020 - 11:17 authored by Corinne Fowler
Promoting public knowledge of Leicestershire’s diverse literary cultures
The project surveys high-quality transcultural writing by Leicestershire-based writers from 1980 to the present. It fosters local, national and international appreciation – as well as critical recognition - for this writing.
Grassroutes supports the efforts of independent publishers and literature development agencies to inspire public engagement with the diverse writing cultures of multi-racial Britain.
The five project outputs:
- An edited online Writers’ Gallery containing 50 author pages;
- An online electronic catalogue of transcultural writing by Leicester-based writers from 1980 to present.
- A £1,000 creative writing commission:
- An exhibition about writers in Leicestershire (October and November 2012)
- A Grassroutes blog on the Literature Network.
CITE THIS COLLECTION
Fowler, Corinne (2020): Grassroutes: Contemporary Leicestershire Writing. University of Leicester. Collection. https://doi.org/10.25392/leicester.data.c.5074220.v1
Select your citation style and then place your mouse over the citation text to select it.